CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 16, 2012

COWBOY AT HEART by LORI COPELAND and VIRGINIA SMITH


Jesse Montgomery has changed his life from being a cowhand and  a drunk.  Staying with some friends, he realizes that he needs to get out and go forward with his life.  He can't continue living off the good graces of his friends.  When Jonas Switzer's land is being taken right from under him, Jesse knows that he needs to help.  The problem is that Jonas is Amish, and they don't believe in fighting.  

Jesse decides that he will go ride the fence line and is shot in the back and left for dead.  Will Jesse heal quick enough  to help Jonas save his land before it is burned to the ground?  Does God have a new life in store for Jesse or will his past keep him from taking a chance at a new life? 

This is the first book that I have read in this series.  If I had realized there were others before, I would have read them first.  I loved this book.  I started reading and did not want to quit.  As soon as I could I would grab my kindle and start reading again.
I was so glad that I was able to enjoy the book as much as I did, having not read the previous ones.  When I started reading, I wondered how an Englisher Cowboy would fit in with the Amish.  The authors, Lori Copeland and Virginia Smith are a great writing team.  I am hoping that there will be another book after this one.  I would love to read how the new community continued.

I would give this book a 5 star rating.  I received this book through Net Gallery as an ebook.  If you love reading about the Amish and their daily lives, this would be the book.  This book is not your typical Amish book that only deals with the Amish community.  It gives the reader a glimpse  of what they have had to go through to build their homes among the English.  You will not be disappointed.  This is a book that can be read alone.  But, how much more fun it would have been to start with the first one.  My daughter, Mandy and I have a thing about starting in the middle of a series, but if you don't have the others ones, you will surely enjoy this one.  Happy reading!

This book will be released in April 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...